- GLOBAL FERRO-SILICON SNAPSHOT: EU market maintains upward price momentum on production cuts (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 23:10:00 GMT)Key data from the pricing sessions in Asia, Europe and the United States for the week ended Friday December 6.
- GLOBAL MANGANESE SNAPSHOT: Seaborne ore prices surge as buyers vie for material (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:27:00 GMT)Key data from the pricing sessions in Europe, Asia and the United States for the week ending Friday December 6.
- GLOBAL CHROME SNAPSHOT: Alloy prices under pressure in all regions but Europe (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:00:00 GMT)Key data from the pricing sessions in Asia, Europe and the United States for the week ending Friday December 6.
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: 5 key stories from December 5 (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 00:05:00 GMT)Here are five Fastmarkets MB stories you might have missed on Thursday December 5 that are worth another look.
- UK's Serious Fraud Office opens investigation into bribery at Glencore (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 14:43:00 GMT)The UK's Serious Fraud Office (SFO) is investigating miner-trader Glencore, it said on Thursday December 5.
- China seeking to export Shanghai copper benchmark and yuan via new contract (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 11:08:00 GMT)More of the world's copper looks likely to be priced in China from next year, with the Shanghai International Energy Exchange (INE) set to launch a new contract tradable by international market participants.
- Chinese alumina price hits fresh 31-month low amid greater supply from seaborne market (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 09:30:00 GMT)The price of alumina in China fell to its lowest since May 2017 this week amid an abundance of material coming in from the seaborne market despite an already oversupplied domestic market.
- TITANIUM SNAPSHOT: Scrap markets drop amid slow trading, alloy flat (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 15:16:00 GMT)Key data from Fastmarkets’ pricing session in Europe on Wednesday December 4.
- Weakening manganese ore port prices, high stocks dampen seaborne market (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 16:44:00 GMT)Seaborne manganese ore prices for both grades in China nudged down in the week ended Friday November 29 after buying sentiment was dented by falling port-side ore prices and the continued rise in port-side inventories.
- Lead TCs rise further amid low spot interest; Port Pirie restart yet to reflect in terms (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 16:25:00 GMT)Lead concentrate spot treatment charges (TCs) continued to rise in November, with buy-side liquidity slim amid a still-shut arbitrage window for Chinese imports.
- GLOBAL CHROME WRAP: Alloy markets weaken in China and Europe amid poor demand (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 12:30:00 GMT)Deteriorating demand is adding continual downward pressure to Chinese and European alloy prices.
- Hydro planning to cut output at its Slovalco aluminium smelter due to weak market conditions (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 09:45:00 GMT)Norsk Hydro plans to reduce output by 20% at its majority-owned Slovalco primary aluminium smelter in Slovakia, citing a weakening market, the company announced on Monday December 2.
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: 5 key stories from December 2 (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 00:05:00 GMT)Here are five Fastmarkets MB stories you might have missed on Monday December 2 that are worth another look.
- Spot copper concentrate TC/RCs rise; market locks in annual contracts (Mon, 02 Dec 2019 18:08:00 GMT)Spot copper concentrate treatment and refining charges (TC/RCs) increased at the end of November, with the market busy discussing annual contracts and deals.
- Trade log November 2019: Ferro-vanadium, V2O5 (Mon, 02 Dec 2019 10:50:00 GMT)The latest ferro-vanadium and vanadium pentoxide (V2O5) transactions, bids, offers and assessments in Europe and China.
- AfriTin Mining receives $5m loan from AfriMet Resources amid Uis phase 1 ramp up (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 18:18:00 GMT)Mining company AfriTin Mining has raised £3.8 million ($5 million) through the establishment of an unsecured convertible loan note agreement with Switzerland-based trading house AfriMet Resources, the company said on November 26.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 06/12: LME tin price hits 3-mth high; copper nears $6,000/t (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 17:53:00 GMT)Tin ended higher on the London Metal Exchange on Friday December 6, closing above $17,000 per tonne for the first time since September.
- PEOPLE MOVES: Tianqi’s Ron Mitchell appointed LME lithium committee chair (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 12:14:00 GMT)Ron Mitchell, sales director at lithium producer Tianqi Lithium Corporation, has been appointed chairman of the London Metal Exchange’s lithium committee.
- COKING COAL DAILY: Tier-two prices inch up in a largely stable market (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 12:02:00 GMT)Stability remained the theme of the seaborne coking coal market at the end of the week, with little interest in buying activity outside of China.
- SHFE STOCKS REPORT 06/12: Zinc inventories drop 19% on lower refinery supplies (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 10:19:00 GMT)Zinc stocks at Shanghai Futures Exchange-approved warehouses recorded the largest drop in percentage terms in the week ended Friday December 6.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 06/12: LME nickel price holds on to gains on fresh cancellation; zinc recovers (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 10:12:00 GMT)The three-month nickel price on the London Metal Exchange continued the previous day’s momentum during morning trading on Friday December 6, bolstered by a fresh cancellation of 3,642 tonnes, while the zinc price rose slightly from Thursday’s close but remains broadly rangebound.
- MORNING VIEW: Markets risk-on again as Trump’s rhetoric sounds more positive (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 09:06:00 GMT)Asian equities and most of the base metals are in positive territory after United States President Donald Trump sounded more positive on a US-China trade deal when he said talks are “moving right along”.
- INTERVIEW: No active plan to close LME floor, outgoing chairman Sir Brian Bender says (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 08:00:00 GMT)Sir Brian Bender has seen three London Metal Exchange chief executive officers, the sale to Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing and a great number of other changes over more than nine years as the exchange’s chairman, he told Fastmarkets in an interview, but the open outcry system will remain for as long as members support it.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 06/12: Soft dollar supporting SHFE base metals prices; Ni bounces 1.8% (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 05:25:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the Shanghai Futures Exchange mostly edged upward during the morning trading session on Friday December 6, with a weak US dollar providing broad support to the complex.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 05/12: LME nickel price tops gains in mixed complex; zinc struggles (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 17:21:00 GMT)The three-month nickel price on the London Metal Exchange was the biggest gainer at the close of trading on Thursday December 5, staging a modest recovery after reaching a five-month low earlier in the day, while turnover topped the complex over the day.
- COKING COAL DAILY: Market anticipates steady end to the year (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 11:45:00 GMT)Seaborne coking coal prices remained stable on Thursday December 5, with transaction prices seeing only mild movements in recent days.
- CHINA HRC: Securities traders bolster spot buying (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 10:11:00 GMT)China’s hot-rolled coil prices remained robust on Thursday December 4, partly because securities companies were buying spot goods to fulfil orders they had signed several weeks ago.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 05/12: LME zinc price fails to hold gains in 1.3% dip, turnover tops complex (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 10:09:00 GMT)The three-month zinc price on the London Metal Exchange was lower during morning trading on Thursday December 5, with the metal failing to hold on to recent gains while volumes traded topped the complex.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 05/12: SHFE base metals prices broadly up following trade developments; Zn up 0.8% (Thu, 05 Dec 2019 04:45:00 GMT)Renewed optimism that a phase one trade deal between China and the United States could soon be reached gave a boost to most of the base metals traded on the Shanghai Futures Exchange during the morning session on Thursday December 5.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 04/12: LME zinc price up 1.8% on high turnover; nickel loses ground (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 18:20:00 GMT)The three-month zinc price on the London Metal Exchange was higher at the close of trading on Wednesday December 4, with upward movement in the price of the galvanizing metal supported by strong turnover, while nickel futures took a divergent path over the afternoon in a 1.6% sell-off.
- BASE METALS WARRANT REPORT 04/12 (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 18:10:00 GMT)A summary of London Metal Exchange warrant premiums from across the globe for the week to Wednesday December 4.
- CHINA HRC: Exporters maintain high prices on domestic gains in the east (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 10:05:00 GMT)China’s hot-rolled coil exporters refused to lower their offers on Wednesday December 3 following price gains in the east of the country, although sources said domestic downstream demand was weakening.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 04/12: Fresh cancelation sees LME zinc price climb 1%; backwardation narrows (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 10:04:00 GMT)The three-month zinc price on the London Metal Exchange was higher during morning trading on Wednesday December 4, with its price action bolstered by the fresh cancelation of 2,325 tonnes in addition to a narrowing of the metal’s benchmark cash/three-month spread backwardation.
- MORNING VIEW: Markets weaken as Trump prepared to wait for trade deal (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 09:05:00 GMT)Non-haven markets are generally under pressure after United States President Donald Trump said he was prepared to wait until after the 2020 US presidential election for a trade deal with China.
- CHINA REBAR: Destocking pushes down domestic prices further (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 08:29:00 GMT)China’s domestic rebar prices kept their downward trend on Wednesday December 4 as traders unloaded inventory.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 04/12: SHFE base metals prices broadly down on Trump trade remarks; Ni plunges 3.6% (Wed, 04 Dec 2019 05:35:00 GMT)With the exception of tin, base metals prices on the Shanghai Futures Exchange were down during the morning trading session on Wednesday December 4 after United States President Donald Trump said a trade deal with China may not come until after next year’s presidential election.
- WEEKLY BASE METAL PREMIUMS REPORT: 03/12 (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 21:28:00 GMT)A summary of base metals premiums from across the globe for the week to Tuesday December 3.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 03/12: LME nickel price sheds 3.5% despite fresh cancelation; contango widens (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 17:30:00 GMT)The three-month nickel price on the London Metal Exchange was lower at the close of trading on Tuesday November 3, with this morning’s fresh cancelation of 1,326 tonnes doing little to negate selling pressure, while the metal’s benchmark cash/three-month spread reached its widest level since July.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 03/12: LME lead price dips below $1,900/t in lackluster trade; tin edges higher (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:44:00 GMT)Three-month lead traded lower during the morning session on the London Metal Exchange on Tuesday December 3, with low liquidity conditions capping a move above nearby resistance levels, while tin’s outright price recorded the only move higher.
- CHINA HRC: Prices move higher despite thinner trading (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 10:25:00 GMT)China’s hot-rolled coil prices continued to gain on Tuesday December 3 despite slower trading, with supply remaining tight in the east of the country.
- CHINA REBAR: Prices down on oversupply outlook (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 09:25:00 GMT)China’s domestic rebar prices decreased on Tuesday December 3 amid bearish expectations for weakening demand but high output over the next two months.
- MORNING VIEW: Markets cool after Trump tariffs pour cold water on sentiment (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 09:10:00 GMT)While the metal markets have hardly been bullish, United States President Donald Trump undermined confidence across broad markets when he re-imposed tariffs on steel and aluminium imports from Argentina and Brazil and threatened France with tariffs too.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 03/12: Trade tensions pressure SHFE base metals; nickel prices correct after recent losses (Tue, 03 Dec 2019 03:47:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the Shanghai Futures Exchange were broadly down during the morning trading session on Tuesday December 3 after a pick-up in global trade tensions dampened market sentiment.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 2/12: LME base metals prices buoyed by weaker dollar (Mon, 02 Dec 2019 17:45:00 GMT)Base metals' three-month prices on the London Metal Exchange were buoyed by a weaker US dollar index, despite negative macro sentiment brought on by weaker-than-expected US data at the close on Monday December 2.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 02/12: LME base metal prices down despite better-than-expected China data (Mon, 02 Dec 2019 10:15:00 GMT)London Metal Exchange three-month base metals prices were somewhat subdued during morning trading on Monday December 2 while a strong US dollar index, trading up by 0.08% at 98.35 at the same time, had a dampening effect on trading volumes.
- ARPM releases annual Wage and Salary Report (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:30:57 EST)
INDIANAPOLIS—The Association for Rubber Products Manufacturers released its 2019 Wage and Salary Report.
- Maroon unit Addipel moves to larger site in Ohio (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:30:41 EST)
ELYRIA, Ohio—The Addipel business unit of Maroon Group has relocated to a new site in Elyria
- Huntsman to buy Icynene-Lapolla for $350 million (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:30:10 EST)
THE WOODLANDS, Texas—Huntsman has agreed to pay $350 million in cash for Icynene-Lapolla, furthering its spray foam strategy. The deal should close in the first half of 2020.
- AMBA files formal request to bring back tariffs on Chinese molds (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 16:27:45 EST)
WASHINGTON—The American Mold Builders Association filed formal comments with the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative on Nov. 29, asking it to bring back the 25 percent tariff on Chinese injection molds.
- As e-commerce grows, companies seek best ways to get products to customers (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:39:25 EST)
As consumers buy more goods online, the search is on for ways to improve package delivery timeliness and efficiency. For some delivery companies, auto makers and suppliers, the answers may lie in autonomous technology.
- Corporate responsibility a global venture for Chemours (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:37:03 EST)
WILMINGTON, Del.—Employees at Chemours celebrated International Volunteers Day Dec. 5 with service projects and events throughout the world.
- Rubber Division's 2020 Elastomer Training Center schedule taking shape (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:36:35 EST)
FAIRLAWN, Ohio—The ACS Rubber Division has released its Elastomer Training Center course schedule for 2020.
- Reveyron partners with Beltservice for distribution (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:35:47 EST)
WASHINGTON—Beltservice is partnering with Reveyron to distribute its products in North America and provide factory level service in Canada, Mexico and the U.S. for Reveyron slabs and fabricated products.
- ContiTech acquires CRP's belt kits program (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:24:45 EST)
FAIRLAWN, Ohio—Continental's ContiTech North American branded aftermarket belt business has hit new heights in the past several years, gaining more market share and improving brand awareness in the process.
- Firestone air spring looks to lighten the load in China (Fri, 06 Dec 2019 14:24:18 EST)
BEIJING—Firestone Industrial Products is looking to ease the pressure, quite literally, on commercial vehicles in China.