- Iran's copper conc output to rise by 400kt this year; 2020 exports up despite US sanctions (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:31:00 GMT)National Iranian Copper Industries Co’s (NICIC) three copper-related projects will come online this year to produce an extra 400,000 tonnes of copper concentrate, according to local media reports.
- Low portside prices drag seaborne manganese ore down (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:00:00 GMT)Seaborne low and high-grade manganese ore prices continued to fall in the week to Friday April 9 while market activity was light and sentiment continued to drop concurrent with pricing expectations among participants from both sell and buy sides failing to approach portside prices levels.
- MANGANESE ORE ANALYTICS: April 12, 2021 (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:17:00 GMT)The latest data for the global manganese ore market for the week ended April 12, 2021.
- Rio Tinto, Turquoise Hill agree financing plan for Oyu Tolgoi (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 04:49:00 GMT)Rio Tinto and Turquoise Hill Resources have agreed a financing plan for the completion of the Oyu Tolgoi underground project in Mongolia, Rio Tinto announced on Friday April 9.
- GLOBAL FERRO-SILICON SNAPSHOT: Chinese market slides on lower mill tender prices (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 19:36:00 GMT)Key data from the pricing sessions in Asia, Europe and the United States for the week ending Friday April 9.
- Copper miner KAZ will go private after shareholders accept Kim's increased offer (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:59:00 GMT)KAZ Minerals will be taken private after acquirer Nova Resources received enough shareholder votes to accept its $5.6 billion offer for the company.
- COPPER CONCS SNAPSHOT: TC/RCs dip to low $20/2 with ongoing Q2 purchases (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 16:40:00 GMT)Copper smelters were still looking for May and June shipments this week, while traders were also actively acquiring copper concentrate in the tightly supplied market, sources told Fastmarkets on Friday April 9.
- GLOBAL MANGANESE SNAPSHOT: Low Chinese portside ore prices weaken seaborne market (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 15:35:00 GMT)Key data from the pricing sessions in Asia, Europe and the United States for the week ending Friday April 9.
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: 5 key stories from April 8 (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 23:05:00 GMT)Here are five Fastmarkets stories you might have missed on Thursday April 8 that are worth another look.
- Brazil's alumina exports up 40% in March Alunorte, Alumar ramp up (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:26:00 GMT)Brazilian exports of alumina were up by 40.01% year on year in March, after the two main producers, Alunorte and Alumar, increased their shipments, data from the country's economy ministry, published on Wednesday April 7, show.
- Trevali signs 15-year deal for renewable power supply to Namibia zinc mine (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 14:54:00 GMT)Canada-headquartered zinc producer Trevali Mining signed a 15-year power supply agreement with Emerging Markets Energy Services (Emesco) for its Rosh Pinah mine in Namibia, the company said on Wednesday April 7.
- Sakura Ferroalloys declares force majeure on manganese alloy shipments (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:05:00 GMT)Malaysia-based manganese alloys producer Sakura Ferroalloys declared force majeure on Wednesday April 7 on some shipments of manganese alloy because of a transformer breakdown at its Sarawak plant in the country, a source close to the matter told Fastmarkets.
- FOCUS: Chinese manganese participants mull significance of $233mln limited partnership agreement (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:29:00 GMT)The announcement of a 1.529 billion yuan ($233.6 million) limited partnership agreement between major Chinese manganese miners and traders has left many in the market weighing up the significance of such a move.
- TITANIUM SNAPSHOT: Markets flat amid holiday; activity due next week (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 15:36:00 GMT)Key data from Fastmarkets’ pricing session in Europe on Wednesday April 7.
- MANGANESE ORE ANALYTICS: April 6, 2021 (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 15:33:00 GMT)The latest data for the global manganese ore market for the week ended April 6, 2021.
- Indications of easing FeCr supply weigh on China’s chrome prices (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 15:20:00 GMT)Chrome alloy prices declined over the week to Tuesday April 6 in response to market expectations that tight ferro-chrome supply in China would ease, sources said.
- Seaborne manganese ore prices drift lower amid bearish sentiment [CORRECTED] (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 14:04:00 GMT)Seaborne low and high-grade manganese ore prices fell again in the week to Tuesday April 7 amid thin trading and bearish sentiment stemming from low portside prices and high stocks at Chinese ports.
- PEOPLE MOVES: IXM restructures trading team to metals verticals (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 13:25:00 GMT)Geneva-based trading house IXM has restructured its trading teams to align with its metals verticals.
- Seaborne manganese ore prices drift lower amid bearish sentiment (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 11:14:00 GMT)Seaborne low and high-grade manganese ore prices fell again in the week to Tuesday April 7 amid thin trading and bearish sentiment stemming from low portside prices and high stocks at Chinese ports.
- Market shrugs off ‘minimal impact’ of fire at PM Bintulu’s aluminium smelter (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 09:56:00 GMT)A fire at Press Metal Bintulu Sdn Bhd’s (PM Bintulu) new phase 3 smelter on Saturday April 3 has caused "minimal interruption" at the plant in the Malaysian state of Sarawak.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 13/04: LME aluminium price at $2,280/t; zinc inflows in Asia continue (Tue, 13 Apr 2021 09:35:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the London Metal Exchange were largely trading sideways during the morning session on Tuesday April 13, after decreases across the board on Monday due to warnings out of China about rising commodity prices.
- MORNING VIEW: Base metals prices mainly weaker, broader markets quiet (Tue, 13 Apr 2021 07:59:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the London Metal Exchange were down across the board this morning, Tuesday April 13, as were most of the metals prices on the Shanghai Futures Exchange, while broader markets were quiet.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 12/04: LME nickel price drops 3%, zinc down 2.5% following Chinese price warning (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 16:45:00 GMT)The three-month nickel price was down by the greatest percentage on the London Metal Exchange at the close on Monday April 12, with Chinese warnings of higher prices over the weekend driving the entire complex down as well.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Healthy steel margins drive seaborne prices despite steel price drop (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:44:00 GMT)Seaborne Iron ore prices moved up on Monday April 12 amid steelmakers reporting healthy steel margins, sources told Fastmarkets.
- Major Al cancellations trigger 183-day queue at Istim LME warehouses in Port Klang (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 11:42:00 GMT)The waiting time to deliver out aluminium at Istim’s London Metal Exchange warehouses in Port Klang, Malaysia, soared to 183 days at the end of March, according to the LME’s latest queue report.
- CHINA HRC: Market tumbles on govt call for stable commodity prices (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 10:30:00 GMT)China’s hot-rolled coil prices tumbled on Monday April 12 amid a government call for stable commodity prices, but exporters raised their offers after a rise in trading activity last week.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 12/04: LME nickel price falls 2.8%; zinc stocks up 5% following deliveries in Asia (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:16:00 GMT)The London Metal Exchange three-month nickel price was down by 2.8% to $16,165 per tonne during morning trading on Monday April 12, with the other base metals also starting the week lower after turning to the downside last Friday following comments out of China regarding rising commodity prices.
- Iron ore concentrate, pellet prices up on sustained demand for high-grade products (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:15:00 GMT)Prices for seaborne iron ore concentrate and pellet strengthened further in the week ended Friday April 9 due to solid demand for high-grade products amid measures to control emissions in China, sources told Fastmarkets.
- MORNING VIEW: Base metals prices, broader markets weaken (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 07:30:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the London Metal Exchange and Shanghai Futures Exchange were weaker this morning, Monday April 12, while markets contend with cross winds.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Seaborne market quiet with limited trading activity (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 11:14:00 GMT)Iron ore prices were mostly stable on Friday April 9 due to weak liquidity in the seaborne market and a downtrend in steel prices, sources said.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 09/04: LME base metals prices edge lower, copper retreats from $9,000/t (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 08:55:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the London Metal Exchange edged lower during morning trading on Friday April 9 in low-volume trading conditions.
- SHFE STOCKS REPORT 09/04: Lead inventories climbs 14% (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 08:32:00 GMT)Base metal stocks in Shanghai Futures Exchange-registered warehouses continued to diverge in the week to Friday April 9, with lead inventories rising the most with a 14% increase, while the rest were little changed, according to the exchange’s latest stocks report.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 08/04: Weak dollar pushes aluminium to two-week high, nickel above $16,800/t (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 16:42:00 GMT)Most futures prices on the London Metal Exchange saw a bounce at the close on Thursday April 8, following the retreat of the US Dollar Index.
- AT A GLANCE: CBA sales up in 2020 on prices, acquisition; earnings fall (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 15:58:00 GMT)A summary of the financial performance of Brazilian aluminium producer Companhia Brasileira de Alumínio (CBA) for the full-year of 2020, parent company Votorantim’s earnings report, released on Thursday April 8, said.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Mill inspections put pressure on demand in seaborne markets (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 11:15:00 GMT)The month-long inspections on steel mills outside Tangshan that started on April 6 have eroded already weak iron ore demand in China, keeping iron ore price movements largely rangebound on Thursday April 8.
- Queues at Port Klang widen gap in aluminium warrant premiums (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:55:00 GMT)The build-up in expected times to deliver aluminium material out of London Metal Exchange warehouses in Port Klang has created a gap in warrant premiums for the metal unseen since Fastmarkets started covering the market in January 2017.
- CHINA HRC: Overseas buyers paying high prices despite domestic decline (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 10:10:00 GMT)China’s hot-rolled coil prices fell on Thursday April 8 amid moderate trading activity, but exporters were able to secure orders at higher prices on restocking demand overseas.
- CHINA REBAR: Higher EAF production rates make up for output drop from BFs (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 09:25:00 GMT)China’s domestic rebar prices decreased further on Thursday April 8 amid an increase in output and weaker demand.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 08/04: LME nickel at $16,800/t; copper stocks highest since Nov (Thu, 08 Apr 2021 08:48:00 GMT)Nickel continued to reach its highest prices in a month while the rest of base metals on the London Metal Exchange were marginally higher on Thursday April 8, with the prospect of more economic stimulus and supportive fiscal measures in the United States boding well for equity markets and metal futures.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 07/04: LME lead price at one-month high, copper down 1.5% (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 16:47:00 GMT)The London Metal Exchange three-month lead price closed at its highest in a month on Wednesday April 7, while the rest of the base metals complex consolidated following a bullish pricing session on Tuesday.
- GLOBAL ZINC & LEAD WRAP: Southeast Asia zinc premium up on good demand, logistic cost rise (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 13:55:00 GMT)The spot zinc premium in Southeast Asia is up on growing buying appetite and freight cost hikes this week, while physical markets in China and Europe remained inactive, sources told Fastmarkets on April 6.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Seaborne market depressed by higher prices (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 12:42:00 GMT)Iron ore prices pushed up on Wednesday April 7, chasing previous increments in steel prices but depressing seaborne activity, sources told Fastmarkets.
- CHINA HRC: Trading activity weakens amid inventory rebound (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 10:18:00 GMT)China’s hot-rolled coil prices rose further to their highest in nearly 13 years on Wednesday April 7, though trading activity weakened amid rising inventory levels, sources told Fastmarkets.
- LIVE FUTURES REPORT 07/04: LME lead at $1,980; copper, nickel down (Wed, 07 Apr 2021 09:12:00 GMT)London Metal Exchange three-month lead and zinc prices were on the rise on Wednesday April 7 while copper and nickel prices fell from their closing prices on Tuesday following a spate of buying that pushed most metals' prices up by between 1.5-3%.
- Apollo brings commercial portfolio to North America (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:56:36 EDT)
Indian tire maker Apollo Tyres is rolling out a range of Apollo-branded truck/bus tires in the U.S. and Canada.
- Evco Plastics buys Georgia plant to add LSR, white room molding (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:45:00 EDT)
Evco Plastics Inc., a family-owned injection molder, has purchased a building near Calhoun, Ga., where it will add white room and liquid silicone rubber molding capabilities.
- Goodyear, Michelin honored by USTMA for injury-prevention efforts (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:30:00 EDT)
The USTMA has recognized Goodyear and Michelin North America Inc. for their efforts in workplace safety and health with 2021 Innovation Awards.
- Avon Rubber expects 40 percent rise in half-year sales (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 13:15:00 EDT)
Avon Rubber anticipates a sharp increase in its first-half revenue, partially helped by its acquisition of helmet manufacturing business Team Wendy.
- NKNH starts sale of thermoplastic elastomers (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:53:54 EDT)
NKNH has started selling thermoplastic elastomers produced at its new divinyl styrene production unit.
- Guizhou Tyre starts production at Vietnam plant (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 12:48:51 EDT)
China's Guizhou Tyre produced the first tire at its Vietnam plant on April 1 and plans to begin product testing and certification processes shortly.
- Annual CAR MBS will be held as hybrid event (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:53:23 EDT)
Registration for the annual Management Briefing Seminars will open on Thursday, April 15.
- Goodyear Ventures, partnerships carrying tire maker into the future (Mon, 12 Apr 2021 09:52:55 EDT)
For Goodyear, the path to future mobility ventures off the paved roadways, on to the sidewalks and straight through the clouds.
- Customers confused about all-season vs. all-weather tires (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 14:00:00 EDT)
Consumers aren't the only ones who are confused about the difference between an all-season and all-weather tire.
- Kan-do attitude: Trelleborg brings intelligence to inventory management (Fri, 09 Apr 2021 13:42:25 EDT)
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions in February introduced its IntelliStok system, part of the company's Advanced Delivery portfolio.