- Hellenic Minerals completes nickel sulfate hexahydrate facility in Cyprus (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 18:40:00 GMT)Hydrometallurgy company Hellenic Minerals has completed the construction of a nickel sulfate hexahydrate facility in Cyprus, paving the way for initial production there.
- Glencore buys stake, offtake in ASX copper junior Hot Chili (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:17:00 GMT)Glencore has purchased a 9.99% stake in junior mining company Hot Chili for A$14.4 million ($10.62 million), the latter said on Monday August 2.
- Zinc, lead TCs creep higher as more mined tonnage hits market (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 14:13:00 GMT)Zinc and lead concentrate treatment charges (TCs) rose toward the end of July due to more mined tonnage hitting the market and pushing terms higher.
- China’s NPI price reaches seven-year high; 1.5% nickel ores at all-time high (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 08:54:00 GMT)China’s nickel pig iron (NPI) price reached a seven-year high in the week to Friday July 30 amid a bullish stainless steel market and tight supply, while 1.5% nickel content ores hit an all-time high, Fastmarkets learned.
- China’s ferro-alloy markets remain strong amid supply tightness; prices set multi-year highs (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 06:35:00 GMT)Prices across China’s ferro-alloy markets, including ferro-chrome, silico-manganese, ferro-manganese and ferro-silicon, continued their upward momentum in the week ended Friday July 30, supported by supply tightness while major producing regions are affected by electricity restrictions.
- GLOBAL FERRO-SILICON SNAPSHOT: US, EU prices continue to climb on supply constraints (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 21:39:00 GMT)Key data from Fastmarkets’ Friday July 30 pricing sessions in China, Europe and the United States.
- AEROSPACE MATERIALS MARKET REPORT 30/07: Chromium price continues to rise in Europe on higher offers (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:13:00 GMT)An overview of the aerospace materials markets and the latest price moves.
- COPPER CONCS SNAPSHOT: TC/RC soars to 15-month high (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 16:20:00 GMT)Fastmarkets' copper concentrates index jumped this week with both smelters and traders locking higher numbers for spot cargoes.
- SPECIALTY STEEL RAW MATERIALS MARKET REPORT 30/07: Chromium market tightens on limited supply (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 15:50:00 GMT)An overview of the specialty steel raw materials markets in Europe and their latest price moves.
- PRICING NOTICE: Proposal to update Fastmarkets Metals & Mining assessment methodology (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 05:05:00 GMT)Fastmarkets is launching a one-month consultation on several proposed updates to the wording of its assessment methodology.
- AT A GLANCE: Lundin lowers copper, zinc guidance as lower ore grades hit H1 output (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:18:00 GMT)Lundin Mining's copper production was down during the first half of the year because planned lower grades at its Chapada mine reduced its output.
- Blowout in Chicago/London arbitrage has copper market looking to US (Wed, 28 Jul 2021 22:25:00 GMT)An arbitrage between two of the world’s main copper contracts has had the market chasing shadows over the week ended Wednesday July 28.
- Boost for China’s ferro-chrome market from 13-year-high tender (Wed, 28 Jul 2021 18:15:00 GMT)China’s domestic and imported ferro-chrome prices were both boosted again in the week ended Tuesday July 27 after major stainless steel mills raised their August tender prices by 2,400 yuan ($369) per tonne from the previous month, to a level not seen in the past 13 years.
- NEWSBREAK: Escondida union rejects last BHP offer, calls workers to vote for strike (Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:50:00 GMT)The main workers union at Escondida, the world's largest copper mine, has called on its members to reject BHP's last wage offer and vote for industrial action, the union said in a statement on July 28.
- AT A GLANCE: Rio Tinto’s aluminium, refined copper production up, mined copper down (Wed, 28 Jul 2021 13:32:00 GMT)Summary of Rio Tinto’s first half production results for the six months ended June 30.
- LIVE FUTURES 03/08: Declines across board show zinc down 2%, copper down1.6% (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 16:55:00 GMT)Zinc’s three-month price fell to $2,969.50 per tonne at the close of trading on the London Metal Exchange on Tuesday August 3, with the entire base-metals complex turning lower during the day and with Covid-19-related concerns returning to prominence.
- Nanshan plans 100,000-tpy joint-venture aluminium alloy project (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 12:47:00 GMT)Nanshan Aluminum, which is listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, plans to expand its aluminium recycling business by creating a new joint company with Singapore’s United New Material Technology Investment, it announced on the SSE website on Tuesday August 3.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Prices up due to uncertainty over steel production cut (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 12:10:00 GMT)Iron ore prices edged up on Tuesday August 3, with market participants uncertain about the nature of steel production cuts in the rest of 2021, sources told Fastmarkets.
- COKING COAL DAILY: Weak buying interest in cfr, fob markets (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 11:02:00 GMT)Seaborne coking coal prices inched up in the cfr market and slipped in the fob market on Tuesday August 3, amid weak buying interest in both markets, sources said.
- CHINA HRC: Domestic prices fall amid skepticism over production cuts (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 10:30:00 GMT)China’s domestic hot-rolled coil prices extended their losses on Tuesday August 3, falling to their lowest in a month on lingering fears of an easing of the country’s plan to cut steel production.
- CHINA REBAR: Weak demand sends prices lower (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 09:55:00 GMT)China’s domestic rebar prices continued to fall on Tuesday August 3, with demand weakened by adverse weather and a resurgence of Covid-19 infections.
- LIVE FUTURES: Zinc leads LME tumble, sheds 2% (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 09:00:00 GMT)Base metals prices fell across the board on the London Metal Exchange on Tuesday August 3, with zinc experiencing the biggest drop amid a reversal of risk-on sentiment surrounding United States infrastructure and with the Covid-19 situation remaining in focus.
- MORNING VIEW: Base metals prices mainly lower on Tuesday as risk-off picks up (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 07:41:00 GMT)Base metals prices on both the London Metal Exchange and Shanghai Futures Exchange were generally weaker this morning, Tuesday August 3, with LME copper and SHFE aluminium bucking the trend, but the drop in US ten-year treasury yield hints of a pick-up in haven buying.
- LIVE FUTURES 02/08: Lead sets year-to-date high above $2,400 but copper, nickel fall (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 17:58:00 GMT)The price of lead reached a new year-to-date peak of $2,412.50 per tonne on Monday August 2, while nickel and copper faltered in trading on the London Metal Exchange.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Seaborne prices up with H2 steel cut plans in doubt (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 12:17:00 GMT)Iron ore prices mostly went up on Monday August 2 with the Chinese government being urged to pull back its aggressive carbon-reduction measures. This resulted in improved expectations for iron ore demand, because the proposed cuts in steel production for the rest of 2021 may be eased, market sources said.
- CHINA HRC: Domestic prices drop, Beijing’s mixed messaging casts doubt on H2 steel cut plans (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 11:02:00 GMT)Prices of hot-rolled coil across China’s domestic market fell sharply on Monday August 2, while futures prices tumbled after Beijing’s latest comments on carbon emissions reductions sent confusion across the markets, sources told Fastmarkets.
- COKING COAL DAILY: China’s domestic market strong on tight supply (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 11:00:00 GMT)China’s domestic coking coal market maintained its upward trend in the week to August 2 amid continuous supply tightness. Seaborne coking coal prices remained largely stable in both the cfr China and fob Australia markets on Monday August 2 due to quiet trading, sources told Fastmarkets.
- CHINA REBAR: Prices drop on possible changes to production restrictions (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 10:34:00 GMT)China’s domestic rebar prices fell sharply on Monday August 2 due to market expectations of lighter production restrictions in some regions, sources told Fastmarkets.
- MORNING VIEW: Base metals prices firm on LME but mixed on SHFE; outlook brighter (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 09:15:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the London Metal Exchange were generally trending higher this morning, Monday August 2, with copper the metal that seems to be struggling the most. Base metals trading on the Shanghai Futures Exchange gave a mixed performance, however.
- LIVE FUTURES 02/08: Small gains for LME prices; Al above $2,600/t, zinc holds $3,000/t level (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 09:11:00 GMT)There were higher prices across the base metals complex during morning trading on the London Metal Exchange on Monday August 2, but bullish sentiment was capped by lower-than-expected Chinese economic data.
- LIVE FUTURES: Aluminium rises 5.3% in July to new year-to-date peak, tin at new all-time high (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 17:01:00 GMT)Spurred on by supply tightness and steady demand, the aluminium three-month price on the London Metal Exchange rose to a new 2021 high of $2,642 per tonne on July 30, while tin and nickel's three-month price, also supported by strained fundamentals, rose over 10% in July.
- Yunnan Shenhuo to lose 50,000t of aluminium output due to power cuts (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 13:17:00 GMT)Chinese aluminium producer Yunnan Shenhuo will cut its output by 50,000 tonnes because of the latest round of power restrictions announced by local power supplier Yunnan Power Grid on July 27.
- COKING COAL DAILY: China’s cfr market strong with active buying (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 12:11:00 GMT)Seaborne coking coal prices increased in the cfr market on Friday July 30 with more buying interest and fewer tradable resources, sources told Fastmarkets. The fob market was broadly stable on the last workday of the week.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Prices nosedive amid bearish sentiment (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 11:43:00 GMT)Iron ore prices drop drastically on Friday July 30 with market sentiment depressed by worsening demand.
- SHFE STOCKS REPORT 30/07: Most base metals inventories down bar lead, nickel (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 11:18:00 GMT)Most base metals registered declines in inventories at Shanghai Futures Exchange-registered warehouses during the week to Friday July 30, although lead was up by 6.5% and nickel rose by 1.5%.
- CHINA HRC: Domestic prices rise after removal of more steel export rebates (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:28:00 GMT)China’s domestic hot-rolled coil prices rose on Friday July 30, while export prices held stable after tax authorities announced the cancellation of more steel export rebates.
- CHINA REBAR: Prices rise, new Nanjing Covid-19 cases cause demand drop (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 10:09:00 GMT)The new infection cases in Eastern China’s Nanjing city made some construction sites in a few districts slowing work, but didn’t cause major influence in a large range and the rebar prices kept the upward trend on Friday July 30.
- LIVE FUTURES 30/07: New 2021 high for LME aluminium; zinc above $3,000/t (Fri, 30 Jul 2021 09:22:00 GMT)The three-month aluminium contract on the London Metal Exchange hit a new year-to-date high of $2,615 per tonne in morning trading on Friday July 30, while zinc moved back above the $3,000-per-tonne psychological level.
- LIVE FUTURES 29/07: Aluminium at two-month high, all LME prices strengthen before month-end (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 17:04:00 GMT)The London Metal Exchange’s base metals prices were robust at the close of trading on Thursday July 29, supported in part by a US Dollar Index that reached its lowest since June 29 and fundamental factors affecting the metals themselves.
- Henan’s impaired railway restricts aluminium delivery (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 13:32:00 GMT)Aluminium delivery from northern China through central China remains restricted due to flooding in Hennan, with a section of the Longhai Line railway under repair, sources told Fastmarkets.
- IRON ORE DAILY: Seaborne prices slump amid thin liquidity, soft sentiment (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:23:00 GMT)Iron ore prices fell on Thursday July 29 amid thin liquidity and soft market sentiments, sources said.
- CHINA REBAR: NDRC’s new power pricing policy to influence rebar output (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 12:09:00 GMT)China’s domestic rebar prices picked up on Thursday July 29 following futures gains on expectations of tight supply caused by a new power pricing method, sources told Fastmarkets.
- COKING COAL DAILY: Prices strong amid continuous supply tightness (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:50:00 GMT)Seaborne coking coal prices inched up in both the cfr and fob markets on Thursday July 29 amid supply tightness and firm buying interest, sources said.
- CHINA HRC: Domestic prices rise on positive industry data; export market remains quiet (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 11:41:00 GMT)Prices of hot-rolled coil across China’s domestic market followed futures prices higher on Thursday July 29, while the export market remained muted amid persistent fears of changes in the export tax policy, sources told Fastmarkets.
- LIVE FUTURES 29/07: Gains of 1% and over for LME copper, nickel, tin (Thu, 29 Jul 2021 09:25:00 GMT)Base metals prices on the London Metal Exchange were up across the board during morning trading on Thursday July 29 given a range of price-supportive events, with nickel the standout performer with an increase of 1.4% from its closing price on Wednesday.
- TPC Wire & Cable expands reach via acquisitions (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 11:52:25 EDT)
TPC Wire & Cable Corp. has made two acquisitions this year designed to further expand its revenue growth and industry reach.
- Audacious National Broadband Plan gains momentum (Tue, 03 Aug 2021 11:49:42 EDT)
Broadband is becoming a central focus for U.S. infrastructure upgrades.
- Beltservice acquires UBR from holding company (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:13:19 EDT)
Beltservice said the acquisition will enhance its product offering and fabrication capabilities in lightweight belting, which has been a strategic focus area for the company.
- Toyo policy boosts NR sustainability efforts (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:11:13 EDT)
Toyo Tire Corp. has stepped up its natural rubber sustainability efforts with the establishment of an independent NR procurement policy.
- Acquisition gives Aptar rubber, plastic medical molding in China (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:09:07 EDT)
AptarGroup Inc. is adding rubber and plastic medical manufacturing in China through acquisition.
- Arlanxeo announces leadership changes in Asia-Pacific (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:05:38 EDT)
The appointments follow the retirement of JooSang Kim after 27 years of career in the chemical industry.
- Mondo explains technology behind Tokyo 2020 track (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:04:32 EDT)
This is the 12th time Mondo is supplying tracks to Olympic games.
- RPM International promotes two executives to VP roles (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:03:15 EDT)
Specialty coatings and sealants company RPM International Inc. has promoted two executives to vice president positions.
- Trelleborg divesting Czech technical rubber goods operation (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 16:01:45 EDT)
Trelleborg Group has signed an agreement to divest a Czech operation in technical rubber products.
- Auto industry speeds up as competition intensifies (Mon, 02 Aug 2021 12:08:38 EDT)
Speed to market is the new magic component of the auto industry business equation.